Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Day 28

I am thankful for Facebook.

I know I've written about it before, but honestly, when you stay home all day and when your family all live in another state and when you haven't seen your best friend in over a year...facebook is important.

I get to watch my niece and nephew grow up via facebook because I'm not around to hang out with them.  And my best friend's oldest son is in first grade this year!!  I got to see pictures of his first day of school.

Facebook also lets me reconnect with people I haven't seen since high school, or who I don't really want to have a conversation on the phone with, but I want to keep in touch with.

Oh, and facebook helps me find new friends too.  There are people I connect with on facebook daily who I've never met in person.  Don't worry, I'm not friends with complete strangers, they're all friends of someone I know in person and they know in person...or they're Brian's family members who I've never met.

Facebook is a great tool for keeping in touch and sharing your life with the people who matter, but who you can't be close to.

(...and it's also great for when you have a problem like you can't get your toilets clean and you need recommendations on what to use to get rid of that nasty ring where the water line is!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment