Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Day 22

Today is actually Thanksgiving day (here in America, anyway), and we're spending it with my family here in Phoenix.  I made some yummy vegetarian dishes (so Brian doesn't have to eat just mashed potatoes and cranberries...although, I think he'd like that) to go with our regular turkey-stuffing-potatoes-etc. dinner.  It was all so yummy!

Now that we're home and the gluttony is over (for now), I have a chance to reflect on the day and say that I am truly thankful for my family.  Not just the family that we spent time with today, but all of them...especially Sadie and Ezra's grandparents.  I am always amazed at how much Sadie is loved.

It's so easy to be all gaga over Ezra because he's a cute, tiny baby... but nobody ever forgets to be gaga over Sadie too.  And she loves EVERY moment of it!  It'd be easy to overlook Sadie, I mean, she sits in a chair and is pretty much quiet and easy-going most of the time.  But no, nobody does.  Even though she can't crawl into Grandpa's lap and cuddle with him, he still makes sure she spends some time there.  And even though it's fun to talk about Ezra and how cute he is, Grammy always wants to talk to Sadie too when we Skype.

I know Sadie has no idea how awesome this is, she just knows it as normal...and I'm REALLY THANKFUL for that!!




Sadie made this picture at OT this week (those are hand turkeys).  I brought it and gave it to Grandpa and Nana.  We took Sadie's picture with her artwork so we could remember how old she was when she made it.

1 comment:

  1. I love that chair Sadie is sitting in, what kind is it?
    Ezra is really growing fast.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete