Friday, September 28, 2012

Bump Watch - 38 weeks!


This week has been a LOOOOOONG one.  We have been out of the house everyday for some kind of appointment...mostly for Sadie.  Monday, I had my non-stress test, then Sadie had Physical Therapy.  Tuesday we had a meeting at the school for Sadie's preschool transition.  Wednesday we saw Dr. Kwasnica at 8:45 in the morning.  Thursday I had an ultrasound at the same time Sadie and Daddy went to go get the new wheelchair.  And today, I had teacher inservice, so I was at a conference center for in-person meetings all day.  I am SO thankful that Brian took this week off of work.  And I am SO exhausted, even though I had all his help (and he helped A LOT!)

So, my ultrasound/midwife appointment this week was cool.  I had a different ultrasound tech and about half way through, she turned on the 3D.  I GOT TO SEE MY BABY!  You can tell just from the normal ultrasound that he looks like Sadie, but this was amazing.  He has her little button nose and her chubby cheeks.  At one point he even smiled, and we could see him blinking (so weird).  I started crying.  It was so amazing.  She printed out pictures for me, I'll share them with you, but our scanner wasn't working, so I had to take pictures of them with the camera and upload them, so they're kinda sucky... 

He has his hand up by his face, but you can see him smiling a little here

Look at that cute face!!
His head and his belly measured 39 weeks + 1 day and the ultrasound was on 38 weeks exactly.  So, he's big, but not outrageously so.  You could see the layer of fat on his belly, he's so very healthy.  I can't wait to see his little face, and I'm hoping he has a head of red hair like Sadie did when she was born.  I am so excited!

The midwife said that the ultrasound/Biophysical Profile looked awesome.  She asked if I wanted to be checked, because midwives don't check you every week automatically unless you want to.  I said no and that I don't even feel like I'm anywhere near labor.  But we did go over my birth plan (I brought her a copy) and she said everything looks pretty much like what everybody requests...except for the antibiotics.  But, we just need to make sure we remind them when we call initially to say I'm in labor that we're the ones who want the antibiotics even though I'm GBS negative.

And that was it... I go back in on Monday to start it all over again!!

How far along?  38 weeks...and not feeling a thing yet that is anything like labor.

Weight Gain? I weighed myself this morning and I'm at +47.7 lbs.  At this point I might be losing a little weight.  However, my baby is OVER 8lbs and they're now predicting over 9lbs at birth if I go full term!  WAHOOOOOOOO!

What's up with my Body? I hurt.  I hurt when I sit and I hurt when I stand and I hurt when I lay down and I hurt when I go to the bathroom.  I hurt when I walk and I hurt when I lift Sadie and I hurt when I breathe.  Brian asked me tonight if I needed a WAAHHHH-mbulance.  I told him yes.

Sleeping isn't so hard still, thank goodness.  What's hard is getting up 5-6 times a night to go to the bathroom.  And turning over is hard.  I feel bad for Brian, because I grunt and moan when I get up and when I turn over and I'm SURE he's not getting really good sleep either!

And did I mention that I hurt?

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.

Emotions: I cried when I saw my baby in 3D on the ultrasound.  That's all.  

Baby name: I think we've FINALLY chosen our name.  But I think you're gonna have to wait until he's born to find out what it is!!

Best moment of the week: Sadie's new wheelchair.  I was really sad that I had to miss the appointment when Sadie was fitted, but I'm SO GLAD we got it!!  And I love it!!

What I'm looking forward to: Baby Shower tomorrow!!

How baby's growing: Baby's organs are all mature and ready for life outside the womb!  Now he just has to pick a time and make his grand entrance!

all belly ( see the crib set up behind me?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment