Friday, September 14, 2012

Bump Watch - 36 weeks


This was the last week Brian has to travel... hopefully ever.  We had a big scare with his job last week when his friends in different regions started calling saying they were fired.  We quickly learned that since Brian didn't have a call scheduled with the regional manager, he was probably safe.  But he was sick to his stomach with the possibility of losing his job...or being asked to transfer to CA. Instead, the other person who shares his position in his region was asked to relocate to CA.  I became instantly thankful that the management team considered our situation with Sadie and that we couldn't just pack up and move to CA.  What could have been a REALLY horrible day, actually turned into a blessing, because with this other person moving to CA, Brian will no longer have to travel every other week, but will stay in AZ primarily.

Then Sadie started acting weird.  Like she wasn't feeling well.  I thought it might be the barometer change since we had some rain over the weekend.  But Monday, the screaming all day started, and it didn't stop.  Tuesday I had to drug her just to take her with me to the midwife.  Wednesday, we went to see the doctor and learned that she's severely constipated.  So, we began operation blowout.  It's now Friday and we've had a LOT of poop...but she's still screaming.  Luckily, it didn't start until after we got home from the midwife.  I hate giving her drugs just to take her out in public.

On the bright side, since Brian's vacation time is use-it-or-lose-it, and it expires October 1, he is taking the next week and a half off.  Sadie has 2 doctor appts, and a preschool meeting during that time, so it'll be really nice to have his help!

Alright, with all the family drama out of the way...

How far along?  36 weeks!!  One more month!

Weight Gain? My weight is really not changing all that much.  I'm trying to eat some more high calorie foods (with good calories) to help.  And I've switched to drinking whole milk with Sadie. 

What's up with my Body? No stretch mark.  I don't know what it was, but it's gone.  May have just been veins.

Starting to have false labor, which is really uncomfortable.  Last night was the first time contractions kept me awake.  It sucked, because I REALLY needed the sleep.

My hips hurt when I lay down, when I walk, when I sit...all the time.

I'm officially waddling.

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.

A note on this:  When I went to the hospital last weekend I asked the ultrasound tech if she could confirm that this baby is a boy, because we really saw one tiny look, and I'm concerned, because I know mistakes can be made.  His legs were crossed.

This morning I had another ultrasound, and I asked her the same thing.  She confirmed that it is for sure a boy, even though she didn't see a penis, she did see testicals.  So, I guess we'll throw out our backup girl name and donate all those girl clothes after all!

Emotions: I'm currently pretty stable.  

Baby name: I think we've FINALLY chosen our name.  But I think you're gonna have to wait until he's born to find out what it is!!

Best moment of the week: Having Chelsea's help (and friendship) when Sadie needed to go to the doctor...because she also had to get x-rays, and that's a pain when  you're pregnant!

What I'm looking forward to: Brian having some time off and getting to come with me to my next ultrasound appointment!

How baby's growing: Baby Center says my baby is 6lbs, but my ultrasound this morning said 7lbs 4oz (neither of these sources can be completely accurate though).  Baby is head down, way down.  Next week I'll be considered full term, although, we need him to stay in there a little longer...of course, unless he's READY to come out and meet the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment