Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bump Watch - 32 Weeks!!!

I have reached the point where I just want to be done.  Too bad I have 2 months left, right?  I am aware of how large I am with everything I do.  From cooking on the stove (I need longer arms) to getting in the tub with Sadie to sitting up in bed after laying down all night.  I'm just large and uncomfortable all the time.

My stomach is starting to cramp at night.  I don't know if it's out of hunger or if it's Braxton Hicks.  I've never really had a lot of Braxton Hicks, so I'm not really familiar with how they feel.  But when I feel this at night, my brain goes into overload about going into labor early, having a preemie, the NICU, etc.  It's pretty stressful until I can talk myself out of it and go back to sleep!!

Last night I stood in front of the mirror in my underwear...bad idea.  I almost started crying.  This baby is so low that I just look ridiculous!  Being pregnant is so weird.

How far along?  32 weeks!!  

Weight Gain? I weighed in yesterday at +43lbs, but this morning it was +42lbs...and with every step I take I feel that extra weight.  Ugh.

What's up with my Body?  This is where I'm gonna whine and complain.  My body officially is uncomfortable.  My ligaments hurt, my skin is stretching, my feet ache even if I've sat down most of the day.  If I sleep on my right side my hip hurts and if I sleep on my left side my shoulder hurts.  I can't breathe very well when I sleep on my back, so I toss and turn most of the night.  The barometer dropped (monsoon season here in Phx!) and that's not helping!  I can't eat enough to fill me up for more than about 2 hours or to satisfy my mouth.  I'm starving in the middle of the night to the point that my stomach is cramping.

...and I still have 2 months of this!!

Food Cravings?  Still eating as much fruit as I can.  But really, nothing sounds good most of the time.  This makes it hard to fix dinner.  It also makes it hard to make myself eat in the middle of the day.  

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.

Emotions: I was able to control myself when buying the van.  Well, mostly.  I was SO TIRED and SO HUNGRY by the time we left there with the keys that I had to hold my tongue in order NOT to be super bitch.  Brian was like, "I was pretty annoyed with you, I almost just sent you home...accept that I knew you wanted to drive the van home."  I could barely even enjoy driving it home because I was so grumpy!!

Baby name: We're still struggling.  My heart is broken that Brian doesn't like my current favorite.  He says it's too much like a girl's name.  By the way, I'm always up for suggestions!  We want something unique, but not weird.  And not necessarily something that can be nicknamed.  Sadie is the perfect example...everyone has heard the name, but there are very few other kids her age with that name.  And it'll always be Sadie, unlike my name, which is really Christina.

Best moment of the week: Buying a new car, definitely.  I love it.  It's so pretty, so comfortable, so keyless!!  Oh, and I got a raise this week...so that's a little extra money each month that I can look forward to!!

What I'm looking forward to: The weekend.  Since school started last week I've been working twice as many hours, and often late into the evening.  I really need the weekend so i can slow down and relax.  And I really need to find my groove this semester so that I don't have to continue working overtime (that I don't get paid for!).

How baby's growing: Baby weighs 3.75-4lbs and will gain half of his birth weight in the next 7 weeks!  I should be gaining about a pound a week at this point.  He has toenails and fingernails and hair on his head...will it be red?  What do you guys think?  Another red-head?

S0, according to Baby Center, this is what my baby looks like this week.  However, my belly is NOT shaped like the one in the picture.  I've drawn in black more the shape of my belly.  I'm convinced this kid is NOT head down yet.  I get little arms or legs pushing on my upper right belly and my lower left belly... I think he's diagonal.  And he must be in a little ball down toward the bottom instead of stretched out nicely and evenly distributed!

1 comment: