Monday, July 2, 2012

Mommy and Me #8 - The Potty Experiment

Last night I sat Sadie on the potty for the first time.  This is totally new for both of us...and probably a little premature for her development, but I'm excited and I figure it can't hurt!  We're going to start with sitting once in the late morning, and once in the evening before bedtime.  

Last night was maybe not the best night to start either, but like I said, I'm excited!  Sadie is cutting that last molar and a half.  Yes, you read that right her LAAAAASSSST molars are cutting through and it's been sort of a struggle all week.  She's in pain, so sitting her on the toilet for the first time only made her more upset. 

My goal is to keep her there for 5-15 minutes...she made it about 2 and a half before she started crying! Oh well, it was the first time.  We'll try again tomorrow (today).

I wasn't sure how well she'd sit on this, but she actually did okay

At certain times I didn't have to support her much at all

I think she might do better on a little potty where her feet can touch the floor, so we might try that next



Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

6 comments:

  1. I just want everyone to know that this was last night...and this morning I put her on the toilet again and she peed!!! Those little tinkles were music to my ears. I think she was pretty proud of herself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She peed! that's great.

    Our girls hated the little potty, but maybe sadie will be different. Maybe something like the little looster would help (google it), it goes around the toilet and is basically a giant step stool. It takes up a lot of space, but might be easier for you, too (I bet helping her off a little potty low on the ground would be hard on your back). Just my two cents!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love a taste of her hairless slit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda niña cagando

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cp link: https://bbsteen.nl/invite/i=70878

    ReplyDelete