Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bump Watch - 26 weeks

I've been REALLY sick this week!  Who says only children don't like to share???  Brian sure did a good job of sharing his cold with me!  And it hit me HARD!  I couldn't figure out why I was so tired on Wednesday... then that evening it hit.  Thursday and Friday I was down for the count.  Brian was out of town and it was all I could do to make sure Sadie was fed and her diapers changed, because that was about all I could do.  Then last night I started feeling better and today, I'm still a little stuffed up, but I had enough energy to actually leave the house.

And that's why my Thursday bumpdate is coming on Sunday...sorry.

How far along?  26 weeks

Weight Gain?  I didn't weigh myself this week... I've sort of stopped weighing myself at home.  We'll see the midwife on Tuesday and see what their scale says from last month.  I'm hoping that all that walking and sweating in Texas, plus being sick last week will show on the scale!! haha

What's up with my Body?  My skin is srarting to get get really itchy, like its having to stratch more and more now.  Like right now I just want to scratch and scratch and scratch my belly!!  The weird thing is that the top of my belly (where it itches) is numb.  This, I think, is because of my belly button issue...it happened last time too.  

When I was born I had a herniated umbilical cord.  Not a big deal, but it required surgery when I was 2.  I have a little scar where they tucked it all in and you can feel where it was stapled.  This really scared me the first time I got pregnant... I had no idea how this part of my body would deal with stretching.  It did fine.  My belly button will never pop out, but there was a weird sort of bump where the staple was and then where the scar tissue had stretched out... and it was numb.  And itchy.

Getting up and down off the floor is tough.  Bending down to get something off the floor requires holding my breathe.  And carrying Sadie is awkward because my bump is in the way!!

Clothes: I'm back to this awkward stage in clothing.  My shirts fit me, but they're getting to be too short.  You can see in my picture below that this shirt is too short.  I have a few longer ones, but that means I'm going to have to do more laundry more frequently to keep those in rotation.  The good news is that I don't leave the house often, so it's not imperative that I always look presentable!!

Also, the ONE bra that actually fits me well and is comfortable... the underwire came out and is poking me whenever I wear it now.  But today I got a new bra, that will hopefully be just as comfortable and make it through the rest of this pregnancy and another.  Meanwhile, I'll be repairing my underwire.

Food Cravings?  These have subsided mostly and gone back to normal.  I still like cereal, but that's normal.  I've been eating a lot of fruit, but if I don't have some protein with it, I get a sugar crash pretty quickly!


Sleeping:  I've officially reached that point in the night where it's useless to lay there and be uncomfortable, so I get up and read for an hour or an hour and a half before going back to bed and sleeping for a couple more hours.  Luckily I'm reading a good book right now...but I have a feeling I'm going to go through quite a few books before this is over!!

Movement? I have a big boy in there that is a mover and a shaker!!  Sometimes his kicks are so hard they're distracting to whatever I'm doing!  Sometimes too I can easily see my tummy move when he kicks!  He's going to be wild, I think!

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.

Names? We're still struggling with names.  Naming Sadie wasn't this hard!  I have my heart set on Jonah and Brian is dead set against it.  Instead he suggested Atherton. I told him that Atherton isn't even a real name!!  So... it's back to the drawing board for us, I guess.  Hopefully this kid will have a name by the time he's born!!

Best moment of the week: I made my own cleaning products this week!  It's been fun to use them!  However, I don't recommend buying squirt bottles from the dollar store...some work better than others! If you're interested in making these, check this link.  I made his 4 and then I found a couple of others that I made. 



What I'm looking forward to: I go back to work tomorrow...yes, my summer is over.  And I'm actually looking forward to it!!

How baby's growing: Baby's ears are developing and he can probably hear Mommy and Daddy talking.  He's also practicing breathing amniotic fluid and making sure his lungs work.  He's putting on more weight... Baby Center says a he weighs a little under 2 lbs, my baby probably does weigh 2 lbs!!  Also, his testicles are descending into his scrotum this week!  (yay boys)

I want you to know that I pulled my butt off the couch on Thursday to take this picture, so it's on track, even though my post isn't!  Don't judge me by my sick look... I actually felt a lot worse than I look in this picture!!
26 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment