Friday, June 8, 2012

The NaBloPoMo

On a whim, I signed up for National Blog Post Month for June.  Basically, I committed to writing a blog post everyday in the month of June.  I think I can do it!!  This is the first month I've signed up, but apparently BlogHer does this each month, and each month they have a theme.  June's theme is JUMP.  Today's writing prompt (they have those in case you need inspiration each day...but I have Sadie, so I've got all the inspiration I need!) asks about how I feel about starting new projects...which is the perfect JUMPING off point (see how I did that?) for the project I was planning to start this month anyway.

The Special Needs Spotlight.

Sometimes I feel like we're always in the spotlight around here (and honestly, I kinda like that...I mean, isn't that what a blog is for?), but sometimes I feel like maybe we should share that spotlight.  I've told you before about my special needs Mommy group called Mighty Moms.  We meet each month and many of us have dinner together.  The last couple of months, we went around and talked about who we are and who our children are, and I realized that, compared to some of these women, I am hardly mighty.

These women deal with seizures on a daily basis, ventilators and behavior problems, some of their children don't even have a diagnosis!!  And then there are the women who foster or adopt special needs children.  I mean, it's one thing for me to take care of Sadie, who I gave birth to...but to take on a special needs child by choice because someone gave them up?!!  Now, that's mighty!!

Anyway, I'd like to showcase some of these other moms and their families, their children, and what life is like for them on a daily basis.  So, for my NaBloPoMo project, and for the month of June, get ready to meet some of my mighty mighty friends!!!

1 comment: