Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bump Watch - 23 Weeks

This week I've actually had some enjoyable moments being pregnant.  This little one is definitely a morning person.  I lay in bed in the morning and just feel him all over the place enjoying the room he has in there, doing aerobics or whatever little babies do!  It definitely cancels out all the annoying stuff when you realize there is a little human being growing inside your body!

How far along?  23 weeks...when do I get to the third trimester again?

Weight Gain?  I can't believe how many calories I'm eating everyday.  I enjoy eating whatever I want, but I'm not used to this kind of reckless abandon!  I keep saying I have the rest of my life to get rid of it... I hope that isn't too hard!  I'm up over 30 pounds now...eeeeeeeek!

What's up with my Body?  I don't really have any big complaints.  I mean, it's hot outside, okay.  I'm getting bigger so it's getting harder to carry Sadie, or sleep in comfortable positions, or bend over to pick something up off the floor.  But honestly, when it comes down to it, I feel pretty good.  Except for the minor heartburn (which I can pretty much control with the papaya enzymes), I'm not that bad!  No being sick, just being tired.  

Sleeping: Still sleeping well.  I'm tired though, really tired.  I get up around 8:00 in the morning, and by 9:00 at night, it's like I can't keep my eyes open...and that's with an hour nap in the afternoon!!!

Movement? This kid is all over the place!  We can definitely feel movement on the outside now and Brian enjoys putting his hands on my tummy and feeling our little acrobat.

Gender? It's a boy!  You can read about our ultrasound appointment and see pictures if you go to this post here.

Names? We are stuck.  I thought I liked a certain name, and now I'm not so sure...he just doesn't seem like that name fits him.  Brian keeps calling him Yuri and Vladamir and Seamus.  He can't be serious when we have the conversation about names.  His middle name will be Walter (that was Brian's dad's name)...but we are stuck on the first name.  I'v been posting ideas and name polls on Facebook, which have actually been somewhat helpful in narrowing things down since I'm not up on pop culture (like Twilight and such) and don't always know what the trends are socially!

Best moment of the week: I was at the grocery store and there was a lady on one of those handicapped motorized wheelchair carts.  She was trying to get a head of cabbage and somehow she managed to drop it before she could get it in the bag.  It rolled down between her legs just under her seat.  I heard her mutter a bad word and then she looks at me and goes, "miss, could you help me by getting that for me?"  I went over there and she's talking about how she just can't bend over that far blah blah blah she's old and wearing out.  Then she looks at me and laughs and goes, "...and you're pregnant!"  I told her it was okay, I could still get down there to get it...but in a couple of months I might not be able to!!  We laughed.  She was funny.

What I'm looking forward to: We're going on vacation in a couple of weeks and I'm really excited to get away.  I did some research and found a special needs theme park in San Antonio called Morgan's Wonderland.  I'm so excited to take Sadie there!

How baby's growing: My baby can hear now, especially loud noises, he is getting used to them.  His lungs are also developing and he's getting ready to breathe outside the womb!  He can also feel movement when I walk or dance.  He should be just about a pound now and over 11 inches long.


No comments:

Post a Comment