Sunday, April 22, 2012

We have a good Daddy in this house

For the past two days I've been sitting in a tiny room in a hotel with about 35 other people.  I have to take a class required by the state for my teacher certification.  My weekend involved getting up at 6:00am, driving 40 minutes across town, and sitting in a room doing teacher activities (none of which are new to me), that I will never use because I don't have a classroom.

Can you tell I have a bad attitude?

And in a month, I have to go back for another weekend.  Blech.

Brian, on the other hand, facilitated Daddy daycare while I was gone from 7:00-4:00 all weekend.  Friday night we laid in bed and went over schedules.

"I will give her medicine at 7:00 before I leave, you need to make sure then she eats at 8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 2:00, and medicine at 4:00.  Then I'll take over when I get home."

"Do you know how to mix up her food and how much to give her?"

"Do you know how to tell if she wants more food?"

"Do you know what to do with her nighttime diaper when she wakes up?"

"Are you gonna go anywhere?  Should I take your truck and leave you the car?"

I knew he'd do just fine because he helps out so much anyway, but still, it was a little stressful to leave someone else in charge for so long...even if it's Daddy.

I got texts throughout the day.

"Sadie is up, fed, dressed, and outside with me while I water plants."

"She also figured out how to tumble out of her tumbleform chair.  I came around a corner and saw her just about to roll out head first."

"Sadie is playing on her table."

"Super duper ultra sad mega cute sad lip due to a mild head bonk."

"She finished her peach yogurt that she didn't complete this morning.  She was still hungry, so I did a frozen cube of green beans.  Pretty funny reaction she gave at new food."

"Sadie is not a super eater today.  Also she has bloody gums at the molar spot.  Ouchie."

He did a good job.  And today wasn't so bad, I relaxed much more.  But, I am so thankful that I get to work from home and don't have to go to a classroom all day and be tired when I come home, but still have to take care of Sadie and dinner and bathing and whatever.

We are blessed.  And we have a good Daddy in this house.

1 comment: