Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bump Watch - 14 weeks

We saw the midwife on Monday.  It was funny because after we left Brian says, "that was a big waste of time!"  It did sorta feel like it...we packed Sadie all up, and drove all the way out there (it's really not that far), basically so they could weigh me and have me pee in a cup.

We did get to hear the heartbeat, which is always neat.  It was 160 this time.  Does this mean boy?  Or girl?  Who knows, but we'll find out May 14!!!  Yes, we scheduled our gender ultrasound appt.!!

So, let's get on with the bumpdate, since the midwife appointment was sort of boring...



How far along?  14 weeks!!  I've officially reached the second trimester and it feels like it!

Weight Gain? I've successfully gained all my weight back from being sick (yay?)  I'm +13lbs.  I'm feeling like I want to delete this feature in my bumpdate...

What's up with my Body?  THE MORNING SICKNESS IS GONE!!!!  Sadie woke up super early on Sunday and I just decided to get up with her.  I didn't realize until MONDAY morning that I didn't feel like poo when I wake up anymore!!  It's really a good feeling.  I even made Sadie's blended food Monday and didn't gag about it...I've really turned a corner.

I'm still having to be careful to eat eat eat all day long, because when my blood sugar gets low, I feel yucky...which is a problem I have even when I'm NOT pregnant.  It's just exaggerated when I've got belly fruit.

And my energy is back!  Monday I spent MUCH of the day running errands and I didn't feel exhausted like I needed a nap when I get home!

My belly is starting to itch on the sides where it's stretching, but other than that a lot of my discomfort is gone...for now!

Food Cravings?  This week I want potato chips.  And popsicles.

Movement?  I talked to the midwife about this because I thought it was really early to be feeling flutters, but she said it's possible.  She told me if I'm really in tune with my body that I could be feeling the baby move around in there.  I still get little flutters every now and then...but it's not a lot, and I really have to be focused on it to notice.

Gender? I want it to be a girl.  I will certainly be happy with a boy, but I have really decided that I love little hairbows and dresses and everything pink.  It's funny because when I was growing up, I only wanted boys...now I'd be happy with a house full of little girls!

What I'm looking forward to:  Clothes either fitting or not fitting.  Right now I'm still in that in-between.  I can wear my non-preg clothes with the belly band still, but it's not comfortable...and I can wear my maternity clothes, but they sorta need the belly band too.

What I'm not looking forward to:  Not being able to turn over comfortably in bed!  

Best moment of the week:  Running errands on Monday and not being dead tired when I got home.

Worst moment of the week: Having to wake up at 6:00am Tuesday and Wednesday to go administer the state High School test to my students.

How baby's growing: My baby is the size of a lemon and weighs about 1.5 ounces.  Oh, and it can pee.

Since I deprived you of a picture last week, here's my 13 weeks picture...on Friday, after I felt better.  And my picture from today of 14 weeks!

13 weeks
14 weeks

1 comment: