Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What a strange night!

Brian went to Seattle this week for some sort of training. It hasn't been so bad being alone with Sadie because 1. I'm not working, and 2. we've been giving her ativan at night to help her calm down and go to sleep (and it's working). But last night the power went out and it was scary.

It was about 9:30pm and everything went dark and quiet. Then I heard sirens. Sadie was still awake, but laying in her bed, and without the sound machine blowing, I could hear her hiccuping in there. I looked out the window and the whole neighborhood was black. I guessed that someone must have gotten in an accident and hit a pole that caused all our power to turn off. I didn't dare go outside, that would mean having to turn off the alarm! So, instead I called my mom.

We talked a little bit, and when I felt a little more calmed down and had found a flashlight, I went to go sleep with Sadie. That was a bust. She wanted to kick and yell and complain about how tired she was, but she didn't want to sleep. And her bed is uncomfortable. So, instead, I brought her back to my room.

It was hot. It was probably over 90 degrees outside and we had no air conditioning, no fans, and we were cuddled up next to each other on the Tempurpedic bed (in case you've never experienced it, that memory foam is HOT!). But she finally fell asleep, and so did I, and we struggled a little, but we slept okay.

At 4:00am, I decided I didn't want her in my bed anymore. The sun would soon be coming up, the cats usually want to come in around 4:30-5:00, and Sadie had not been plugged in to her feeding pump all night, so she was probably hungry. So, I took her back to her room and I'm not sure she even woke up. I plugged her in, turned on the sound machine, and she slept there until 7:30 or so.

It was definitely a strange night!

No comments:

Post a Comment