Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Race Log

I started running at the end of August 2010. I could barely run 90 seconds at that point. Actually, I think one of the first times I went, I actually had to stop and sit down by the side of the road and put my head between my knees! I think at the time I blamed it on the weather...but I was seriously out of shape! Since then, I've dropped 2 pants sizes and am smaller than I was when I was 15!!

After less than 6 months, January 16, I ran in the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon and raised over $1500 for Phoenix Children's Hospital. That was a seriously hard thing to do! ...way harder than having a baby! But what a way to kick off my running "career" with a bang!

Since the half marathon, I've run with my friends from work in 2 different 10K races, both to benefit sick &/or disabled children. There has been talk of starting a running club to support each other by running together in various charity races around the valley, the state, maybe even out of state! But I wanted to start this running blog post just to keep track of the races I've run. I don't really care about times, so I won't include them...maybe someday they'll become important to me. For now it's a celebration in completing and participating in an event to raise money, raise awareness, raise spirits!



October 17, 2010 my first 5K at the State Fair


December 4, 2010 Boy Scouts 10K at Peoria Sports Complex

January 16, 2011 P.F. Chang's Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon to raise money for PCH


January 29, 2011 London's Run at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek


March 5, 2011 Run for Ryan House in Scottsdale

No comments:

Post a Comment