Saturday, May 22, 2010

You know it's bad when...


As most of you have heard, Sadie hates riding in the car. I don't think it's the car so much as the car seat, she doesn't like to be strapped into. So, unless I grab her straight from a nap while she's still groggy, she will scream her head off the entire ride to our destination. It doesn't matter if it's 5 minutes to the post office or an hour and a half to Queen Creek, she doesn't tire out, she doesn't cry herself to sleep, she just screams and screams and screams!! But that's not all. If we're in the car for more than 10 or 15 minutes she will have gotten herself so worked up that when we get to wherever we're going she's impossible to calm down, and she will inevitably puke on the floor, me, a rack of clothes at Target, whatever...she's not discriminating. This, as you can imagine, is somewhat embarrassing, very stressful, and causing me to adopt a hermit lifestyle. Thankfully, I have a good friend who lives across the street, so I still get to visit people. However, because of this (insert adjective of your choice here) behavior, I limit myself to just one trip out a day...if I HAVE to. On the one hand, it saves me quite a bit of money on gas, but, on the other, certain things just don't get done...like grocery shopping, for instance.


Right now in our house we're currently using travel size toothpaste because we BOTH ran out. I haven't shaved my legs in a week because I need a new razor. And BOTH the wii remotes need batteries. This screaming in the car thing has GOT to stop before we're down to our last roll of toilet paper, or things could get out of hand.


Here's a little taste of what I get when we're going somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment